Skip to main content

He is My Mother

 


Yeah. You read that right. HE is my mother.

I never saw my mother. In fact, she never had any existence in my world. I was 2 days old when DaDa & I met. From that day, he became my world.

The moment I started talking, my first word was DaDa. I don’t call him Dad or Papa. I just call him DaDa. Ahh! I wish I could remember that moment. My uncle told me he never saw Dada that excited. I wish I remembered how excited he looked when I first time said DaDa.

He & I live together, and I have no intention of changing that even after crossing my 35 next month. Never. He was around this age at that time when he got me.

I don’t know if he ever tried to become my mother. With him beside me, I never needed one. I always saw him the way he is. He never changed. He did everything to make me a good independent person. He never forced me for anything, but he never agreed to my everything either. He is such a balanced person even at this age.


When I started looking around, I saw the difference between a mother and a father. Never experienced that though. Mother makes tiffin. Father brings you to school. Mother helps with homework. Father plays with you. But DaDa did everything for me and I never felt that I needed a mother. They say nobody can replace a mother, she introduces you to this world and completes your world. For me, he introduced me to this world. He became my world. He IS my world.


I was in my early teens and got to know about my adoption. The shock was intolerable. I didn’t talk to anybody for weeks. I’m not my DaDa’s son. The thought was unbearable. I wasn’t a part of my beloved DaDa. The suffering was horrible.

An accident case came to the ward and an 8-month pregnant lady was injured to the point where her chances of living were thinning every passing second. Her last words were – “Save my child, please.” DaDa saved the infant, but couldn’t save the mother. The hospital waited for two days. They got to know that the deceased lady had no one. They had to send me to the orphanage. DaDa stopped them.

He was tremendously busy. He had to. He was about to become the ace in his field. He was about to have everything he was aiming for all these years. Yet, he sacrificed everything and adopted me. He was always there for me. He never let the work affect my upbringing or the time we had together. He never lacked at his work either. He eventually achieved whatever he wanted in his career. But that would have been earlier if it wasn’t for me. From changing my diapers to helping me choose a gift for my date, he was always there. He loved me so much. He still does.

It overwhelmed me.

“Why me?” I asked him with teary eyes.

“You are not just a son. You are My Sun. I was having a hard time and you smiled at me. My world brightened. We don’t share blood. We share a bond that ties our hearts.”

I don’t remember how long I was holding him and crying. I just remember his warm smile and his hands on my back, comforting me smoothly.


We never had that discussion again. I once jokingly asked him if the breakup was too hurtful to start a new relationship. He smiled and said it’s not just a wife that completes you.

I wish he would have thought about having a companion. Because he is at the stage where he needs one. It’s not because I want a mother, but because he needs one. Not as a lover, but as a mother.

After a certain point of age, your companion becomes your mother. They take care of you, you can whine to them for the silliest reasons, they lose to you on purpose just to satisfy your childish wish. They are your comfort zone at that time. They are the embrace in which you forget the world and have a good night sleep.

DaDa never had a companion. At least not after we met. I want him to have his comfort now. I want he has a good sleep every night. I want him to have his silly wishes fulfilled. I want him to rest. I want him to have that Mother.

Can you help me find him one?


-Kayanpri 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams

  Though he cried a little At least he cried a little   Maybe he caused some troubles But always gave the doubles   Dreamt of impossible Behaved unreasonable But with passion incomparable   The more he fight The more the delight The higher his dreams took flight   Fell, trampled over Tricked, tripped, but lost never   Always a believer Always a dreamer - Kayanpri 

सत्य

सत्य ... हा केवळ एक भास आहे . पटत नाही ना ? पण हेच सत्य   आहे . जगातलं शाश्वत किंवा त्रिकालाबाधित सत्य कोणतं , असं विचारलं तर त्याचं उत्तर कोणीही देऊ शकणार नाही . स्वतः काळही नाही . सत्य अबाधित असू शकत नाही . त्याला नेहमी अपवाद असतात जे त्याच्या अखंडपणाला बाधा आणत असतात . सत्य खरंच एक भास आहे . एखादी गोष्ट ‘ पूर्ण सत्य ’ आहे असे कुणी छातीठोकपणे सांगू शकेल का ? आपल्याला गोष्टी एकाच बाजूने दिसतात आणि मग त्याच आपण ‘ पूर्ण सत्य ’ मानून चालतो . सत्य नाण्याच्या दोन बाजूंसारखं दोन भागांत विभागलेलं असतं - एक , जे आपल्याला दिसतं ; दुसरं , जे त्यामागे असतं . म्हणजे जे आपल्याला माहीत झालेलं असतं ते ‘ अर्ध ’ सत्य असतं आणि तरीही लोक ‘ मला पूर्ण सत्य माहीत आहे ’  चा दावा करतात बिनधास्त . नाण्याच्या दोन्ही बाजू एकदम कधीच बघता येत नाहीत . एक बघावी तर दुसरीने पाठ फिरवलेली . हां , आरशासमोर उभे राहिलात तर एकाचवेळी दोन्ही बाजू बघता येतील . पण हे ही लक्षात ठेवायला हवं की त्या नाण्याबरोब

समांतर

  काचेअलीकडे बसलेले मी इमारतींच्या मागून डोकावणाऱ्या तुला बघत बसते आपली खूप ओळख आहे असं नाही पण तू अनोळखी तरी कुठे आहेस? वाढणाऱ्या वेगाबरोबर तुला बघण्याची वाढत जाणारी तीव्र ओढ आणि तुला जवळ घेण्याचा अनावर होत असलेला मोह इमारतींच्या खिडक्या लुकलुकत राहतात डोळ्यांसमोर नजरेतला तू मात्र हटत नाहीस धावणाऱ्या वेगाबरोबर श्वासांचा वाढता वेग आणि त्याच गतीने वाढणारी तुझ्याकडे झेपावण्याची ओढ मग खेळतोस तू खेळ लपाछपीचा मोठ्या इमारतींमागून तरळत राहते तुझी प्रतिमा डोळ्यांसमोर तुझ्यापेक्षा मग तुझ्या प्रतिमेसाठीची आसक्ती वाढत जाते आणि मग अस्वस्थ व्हायला लागतात एकेक अणुरेणू श्वासातले मंदावत जातो वेग आणि कानावर पडतात अनोळखी आवाज तितक्यात कुठूनशी चुकार रातराणी भिरकावून देते आपला गंध उघड्या काचेतून आत आणि मग अस्वस्थ श्वासांच्या लयीवर नाचत राहतो तो सुवास अंतरात दरवळत जातो, रोमारोमांत तरळत जातो मंद मंद मग डोळ्यांसमोर अवतरते तुझी प्रतिमा पण आता प्रतिमेपेक्षा तुझी ओढ अधिक आहे झाडांच्या मागे लपलेला तू अजून हवाहवासा वाटतोस श्वासांत भिनलेली मोहक रातराणी तुझ्या सहवासाची सय व